I’ve been so impressed with the quality of HEDUA’s television series “Life Plus Homeschooling”. I had the privilege of being a guest for four 20-minute segments, each dealing with a different topic of homeschool life.
Below is one of the completed episodes, “The Right Method for Your Family“, which focuses on how parents can choose the teaching approach that fits their family dynamic . It deals with the following four areas:
- Textbook-Based/Traditional, Umbrella, School-At-Home, Online/Computer-Based
- Classical Method, Charlotte Mason
- Unit Studies, Literature-Based, Notebooking
- Unschooling, Self-Directed, Eclectic
You can find more in this series at the HEDUA website, or here on my blog!
I wrote a series of articles dealing with many of these topics, which you can find through the following links:
- Hitting the Books in Homeschooling
- Journaling Your Way to An Education
- Classical Method, Modern Approach
- Unschooling Explained
- What Is the Charlotte Mason Method?
- Teaching With Unit Studies
Many thanks to the film production crew and the gang at HEDUA for sharing the wealth of information about homeschooling with the public, and for utilizing technology to help all of us learn more.