This month I’m so pleased to welcome the homeschool community as students from around southwest Missouri participate in the Reason2Rhyme poetry ring and Monday Motivation writing prompts. Welcome to a fun way to start your week!
In honor of these students, I am hosting a contest for the month of March. All student participants can submit their responses to the Monday prompts to be eligible to win a prize basket full of writing goodies. There is no limit on the number of entries, and the entire month’s selections will be considered. Best Wishes, and thanks for joining us!
Write a poem that almost rhymes. Break the rules of traditional poetry by ending selected lines with an approximate rhyme (the tackier, the better).
Post your piece in the comment section below, or link to your website where it is posted. Be sure to visit other Rhymers and leave encouraging comments, and remember to share this site with your friends on FaceBook, Twitter, or elsewhere. See why we have a Reason 2 Rhyme!
Be a regular in the Reason 2 Rhyme Poetry & Writing Ring (here’s how that works…)
- Monday Motivator – check this site for the week’s inspiration
- Share your poem in the comment section, or link to the site where you have it posted
- Visit other circle members and comment, like, or share their post
- Reason2Rhyme Poetry Prompt – “New Jargon”
- Reason 2 Rhyme – Poetry Challenge “Like, Totally!”
- Reason 2 Rhyme Poetry Prompt – “Postcard Poem”
- Reason 2 Rhyme – “2 + 2 = Poem”
- Reason2Rhyme Poetry Prompt – “Tribute”