She had anticipated its soothing warmth all through the difficult day, considered which scented salts to measure into its depths.
She focused her remaining energy on the toe of her left foot. It would not touch the lever that released the floodgates.
Her throat began to close on the earlier “nightcap”. Only her eyes could shift up and down, up and down.
His shoes blocked the strip of light beneath the door; his hand rested on her forehead,
Flash fiction captures a moment in time.
A flash fiction writer is someone who can write short on long subjects.
- The flash fiction writer presents the dots in such a way that the reader can connect them.
- The flash fiction story is really two stories: the surface story and the implied story.
- The form of the flash fiction story is the setup, the buildup and the payoff. It is best to keep the setup short.
Want more Flash Fiction? Visit these Friday Fictioneers for more 100-word heaven! (If you have a flash fiction piece to share, please leave a link in Comments!) You can also visit the originator of the photo prompts, Madison Woods, or follow the gang on Twitter – #FridayFictioneers.
- Friday Flash – “Regeneration” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “The Future” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Clothesline” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- “Payment” – Friday Flash Fiction (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Panic Attack” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Shunned” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)