I haven’t gotten to be a part of Friday Fiction for a few weeks, but hopefully things have settled down, and Fridays can be mine once more!
My photo is a bit different today, but it goes along with a project I’m working on, so I want to stay “in the mood”.
The child’s eyes shifted from it’s mother’s face to the odd little man beside her. A child himself, but old and wizened. The dusting of gold on his hands could not conceal the dirty, too-long fingernails, already grasping at the baby’s wrappings.
“Alonzo? Crispin? Gerard? Mathias?”
A sharpened smile leered into the baby’s face. The little man had taken precautions this time, and he was back in business.
Want more Flash Fiction? Visit these Friday Fictioneers for more 100-word heaven! (If you have a flash fiction piece to share, please leave a link in Comments!)
Previous Friday Fiction…
- Friday Flash – “Shunned” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Clothesline” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Panic Attack” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday’s Flash Fiction – “Lost and Found” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “The Ride” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Black Swan” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)